Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why I Cook- Let Me Count the Ways...


I am not a chef, but I love to cook. Never really thought about why until now.  Probably because it's not for a singular reason, but rather many.  While my husband may argue that it's all about the music, I have always maintained that it's really all about the food.  [May 17, 2012 post]. Although there are many similarities between food and music.... and they both compliment each other quite well.


I learned to cook at a young age and continued to hone this skill throughout my adult life. However, it wasn't until the last few years that it became more of a vocation for me. I love cooking, I love teaching what I know about cooking, I love talking about cooking and making people happy with my cooking.  But if I had to deconstruct WHY, it would be because:

I celebrate with food

To honor what's in season

Food is comforting

To carry on traditions

My kitchen is my sanctuary

To unleash my inner chef

It touches all the senses

For instant gratification

A new ingredient is like a new toy

To travel the world

A good recipe never gets old

To show my love every day

No comments:

Post a Comment